Get all the information you need about wearing FR gear at work or school, from FR clothes to gloves. We will help you find the best FR gear value.
Flame Resistant Vs. Flame Retardant
Flame-resistant materials are those that inherently resist catching fire or are difficult to ignite.
Flame retardants are chemicals or substances applied to materials or products to slow down or inhibit the spread of flames and reduce the combustion rate.
It's important to note that flame-resistant and flame-retardant properties are not the same. Flame-resistant materials are inherently resistant to fire, while flame-retardant materials have been treated with chemicals to reduce flammability.
Best FR Brands in Welding
They have a strong reputation for offering premium FR welding apparel. Their products are popular among welders for their quality, style, and safety features. Affordable and quality gear. We highly recommend checking them out if you have not already!
Their FR clothing line is designed to provide protection against heat, sparks, and arc flash. Their products are often praised for their durability and comfortable fit. Premium jackets and gloves for the professional and some classic series that are more economical.
They carry a selection of top FR products, providing welders with a range of options to choose from. They're popular for their quality and comfort. We love the new XVI series jackets. Super high quality and ascetically pleasing at price that won't break the bank.
Who needs FR gear?
Various professions and industries require FR gear to ensure the safety of workers in potentially hazardous environments. Here are some examples of who may need FR gear:
- Industrial Worker
- Electrical Workers
- Military Personnel
- Construction workers
- Racecar Drivers
- Oil Rig Workers
Hazardous Material Handlers
Why invest in quality FR Gear?
When investing in quality FR gear, it's essential to assess specific factors like the level of protection provided, comfort, durability, and compliance with relevant safety standards. Welders should also check for the latest safety certifications and customer reviews to make an informed decision based on their unique needs and preferences. Always prioritize safety when selecting FR gear for welding applications, as it plays a vital role in protecting workers from potential hazards in the welding environment.
FR Best Sellers
Here are some best sellers we highly recommend you check out!
- Black Stallion BSX Premium Grain Pigskin & Cowhide MIG Glove - BM88
- Black Stallion Tigster TIG Welding Glove - T50
- Lincoln Women's MIG/Stick Welding Gloves - K3232
- Lincoln Premium Leather MIG/STICK Welding Gloves - K2980
- Miller Heavy Duty MIG/Stick Gloves - 263339
- Miller TIG Welding Gloves - 263346
- Black Stallion FR Welding Jacket, Blue w/Blue Flames - BXRB9C
- Black Stallion TruGuard 200 FR Cotton Welding Jacket - FN9-30C
- Miller Classic Cloth Welding Jacket - 244749
- Miller Split Leather Jacket - 273212
- Lincoln XVI Series Split Leather FR Welding Jacket - K4933
- Lincoln Women's FR Welding Jacket - K3114
- Black Stallion Khaki FR Work Shirt - FS7-KHK
- Black Stallion FR Cotton Knit 7 oz Long-Sleeve T-Shirt, Gray - TF2510
- Black Stallion 7 oz. Flame-Resistant Cotton Jersey Henley - TF2520
- Black Stallion Full-Zip FR Cotton Hooded Sweatshirt - JF1331
- Lincoln Black FR Welding Shirt - K3113
- Lincoln Khaki FR Welding Shirt - K3382
- Lincoln Electric Black FR Welding Sweatshirt - K5253
How many times you can wash?
FR gear is designed to provide protection against flames and heat, but repeated washing can affect its performance over time. Most of our FR gear is good for up to 50 washes, give and take a couple. Some key guidelines for washing FR gear are:
- Use Mild Detergent
- Avoid High Temperatures
- No Fabric Softeners
- Don't Over Load Machine
- Check for Damages
- Follow the manufacturer's guidelines
If you have questions or need a custom quote please reach out to our support team. If you are shopping for your team we do offer custom FR screen print!